Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Zombies: The Human Infection


            What would happen if zombies did exist, and if they actually brought forth the apocalypse? Several people on the Frostburg campus think that they would stand a chance. In the last decade, zombie lore and media have become a very profitable industry. David Gilliam, from Baltimore, MD, says that, “My chance is good cause I got a shotgun. I’m too clean. I wouldn’t trust anyone. I don’t think it would happen but it’s either kill or be killed.” 2009 blockbuster, Zombieland, has two people feeling somewhat prepared. Nathalie Meza from Silver Spring, MD, said that she would have a “75% chance” because “I would take guns and kill them, and do what they did in Zombieland. For those who have not seen the movie, in Zombieland there are several survivors trying to stay alive while periodically giving tips of advice on how to survive a zombie apocalypse. Tori Butts, another International Studies major gave herself a “50% chance because Zombieland taught her what to do.” Whatever the case may be, we can all hope that if and when an apocalypse happens, zombies are not the responsible.

No comments: