Wednesday, November 2, 2011

How Long Would You Last In A Zombie Invasion?

By Alyssa Ballard

The opinions of our student body on how long they would last a zombie attack vary, some more confident than others. Many people base their survival rate off of what they've seen in the movies. Rob Ansah, a Mass Communication Major, said "I would survive 100%. It depends on how fast they are, and I'd need the right weapon, but I constantly play scenarios in my head." His answer depicted an interest in the topic area, as he has thought about zombie attacks before.

Heather Buchanan, a Liberal Studies Major, said her chances were "probably not very good, I'm fat, and can't run very fast, and I probably look tasty to the undead, but I'm smart so I should last a little while." So there are many people who base their survival rate off of their physical fitness.

3 gentleman were sitting down in the Lane center and when asked, one of them brought up some very interesting points. Initially Brendan Sullivan, Computer Science Major, said "86%, depending on...are we talking about a class 1, 2, 3, or 4 zombie attack? Are they undead or infected?" Upon narrowing it down to them being undead, and a mass zombie invasion, he changed it to 52 %, and if they were infected and running, his chances of surviving would be "16% at best."

So we had someone who was very confident in his skills, someone who was not very confident at all, and someone who definitely enjoys conversations abut zombies and is realistic about his chances of survival against a mass zombie attack.

No comments: