Monday, September 12, 2011

America's Future Home-Making Author: Lacey Weaver

By: Imani-Kai Treadwell, ENGL 336.001


A red hair, freckled faced Lacey Weaver, originally from Oldtown, Maryland, grew up in what she calls, “A weird family,” as the youngest of three half-brothers and sisters. Lacey attended Fort Hill high school where she excelled academically, skipping her senior year. After attending a Allegany College for two years, Lacey eventually transferred to Frostburg State University where she studies English. In her spare time she likes scrapbooking and photography. Lacey describes herself as a homebody. “Well, I’m pretty boring,” she says with a smile. But, although she may think differently, Lacey is full of charm. Her friends would describe her as quiet, loyal and creative.
With all the beauty and brains, Lacey desires to be a future homemaker. “I definitely want to have a family sometime in the near future,” says Lacey glowing. She has been engaged to be married since July 2008, after a proposal during fireworks. Anticipating marriage in the upcoming year, Lacey lights up as she talks about her fiancĂ© Christopher. “During the show he got on one knee and asked me to stay with him the rest of his life, of course I agreed,” she says.
Lacey is most inspired by her friends. She also was very close with her grandmother and looked up to her very much. Lacey describes her grandmother’s death as a hard-hitting moment. “That was the first time I had ever experienced the death of someone that close to me; she helped me become part of who I am,” she says. And that person is absolutely fantastic! When asked what she wanted her legacy to be, she responded, “I want to leave my kids and be known as a great mother.” Although her mother does not serve as one of her biggest influences, she is assured that one day she will be a perfect mother. She also hope that one day she will put her English degree to use by writing a book or going back to her first love, teaching. “At least I’ll have something to fall back on,” she says flashing her big, beautiful smile.
Lacey can be found on http://www.facebook.com/.


No comments: