Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Frostburg Students Choice of President

Its voting time again. Many students went out today and supported their nineteenth amendment right to vote in this years election. Not all students could not make it to the voting booth, however, when asked, the majority response from students was in favor of our current President, Barack Hussein Obama. John Sikalis, a senior accounting major says "I have not voted yet, however I plan on voting for Obama, I think he is the right choice." Eric Nixon, a junior liberal arts major was eager to share on the topic. He says,"I vote Obama for many reasons. One main reason is because he supports Question 6. He is more so separating personal views and opinions about gay marriage and supporting it, rather than discouraging it, which i like."


Jessie Wismer, a senior mass communication major voted for Obama, stating "I don't feel that Romney believes in foreign policy, especially with all that is happening around the world, and especially Pakistan. If Romney becomes elected, he is only going to cause further problems.  Emily Hall shared the same views. Hall is an Early Childhood Elementary Education major, and is currently in her junior year. She noted" I haven't voted yet, but I would choose to vote Obama. Obama has taken us in a good direction, and we need to keep going in the right direction."Another student, James Coppidge, an International Studies major here at Frostburg took the opposite direction, throwing in the mix two third party candidates as his choice. Coppedge reveals "I'm thinking about voting for either Gary Johnson or Jill Stein, that's who I'm leaning towards."

No comments: