Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Does anyone know about Congress?

While looking for people who were up-to-date on the elections for the U.S. Congress: Md 6th District, many people gave strange looks when they were asked who they voted for. Some thought it was a personal question which is understandable; others simply had no idea who either candidate was.

After asking a few people, I finally came across someone who knew about the congressional election. Rob Webber, the director of Lane University Center, states that he voted for Delaney because, "Roscoe Barlett is well past his prime." He also stated that it is, "Time for a change."

Thinking that I might come across a few well-informed voters in the Lewis J. Ort library, I decided to ask History major senior, Rebecca Baker, her opinion on the election. She also voted for Delaney and stated that Delaney would "better represent Western, Md."

I also met with Allison Reinhart who was sitting right across from Baker and asked to be interviewed on the subject. As a sophomore majoring in Environmental Studies and Biology, she says she voted for Roscoe Barlett. Bluntly, she said, "I just don't like the other one. There is no nicer way to put it."

Finally, on my way out of the library doors, my eye caught another "I Voted" sticker. Senior Todd Logsdon who is a major in Political Science said that he voted for Bartlett as well because he is a "registered Republican." Logsdon goes on to say, "I believe he's done a great job so far and I don't see a reason not to vote for him. And I also wanted to stick it to O'Malley."

No comments: