Thursday, March 31, 2011

What effect does the media have on your daily life?

What effect does the media have on your daily life? I asked this question to three willing people on the Frostburg State University Campus.Through the music we listen to, the newspapers we pick up and read, radio that is playing or television we watch media effects everyone of us each day of our lives if we realize it or not.


The first person I talked to was Ryana Goldsborough a sophomore at Frostburg, who just happened to be my roommate from freshman year and is still living on campus. Ryana grew up in Fort Washington, Maryland she is now studying Art and Design at FSU. Ryana said “I listen to music all the time and every day its apart of my life.”


I then talked to her friend Lyndon Harris who is very excited about graduating May 11 with a Law and Society Major from Frostburg. Harris is originally from Washington, DC. “I watch T.V a lot” Lyndon told me, “It lets me know what is happening around the world”.


Desk Manager Judy Abbott at the Student and Community Involvement Desk in the Lane Center said media plays a huge part in her life. “ I pick up and read the news paper and watch the news so I have information to give out to the students who ask me and for parents who call in asking about things that are not only happening on campus but around the area.”

No comments: