Thursday, March 31, 2011

What Do You Do With Your Recyclables?

As you walk down the street, do you see trash all over the ground? Around Frostburg especially, there are old bottles or cans just laying there. Those can be used for so much more then ugly grass decorations. They can be recycled and reused so that companies aren’t making more products that can help kill our environment. When asked if she recycled, Kathryn Clark, a junior from Burlington, West Virginia, said she never recycles. The elementary education major stated “I don’t have anywhere to do it. If I did, then I would recycle more.” Another junior, Mason McIlwee, doesn’t recycle either. Why not? “Because I’m lazy,” he said. “It’s easier for me to put it all in the trash. I also don’t have any place to recycle even if I wanted to.” Mason is marketing major from Boonsboro, Maryland.

Are there any students at FSU recycling? An elementary education major named Kristen Uphold from Fredrick recycles. She said “I do it as much as I can!” She is junior at FSU and tries to recycle all her cans and plastic bottles. If more people were like her, then maybe our ugly grass decorations wouldn’t be there and our environment would be healthier.

No comments: