Thursday, March 3, 2011

Into the Future

Have you wondered where you will be in ten years? Will you still live in the United States? Will you have a steady career. Will you have kids? Who knows?

Well, I took this question around campus and here is what some people had to say

I stopped first at the United Campus Ministries office in Tawes Hall 161.The first person I ran into was Jennifer Cruz, who is a second semester freshman here at Frostburg State University. She is originally from Cali, Colombia, but she now currently resides here in Maryland .When I asked her where she would be in ten years, she thought for a minute and said "I wonder myself". She then went on to tell me that she saw herself out of Frostburg State University, in the country of New Zealand workin with Holistic Medicine.

The next person that i came into contact with, was Cindy Zirlott, who is the Protestant Campus Chaplain here at Frostburg State University. This is her second year as Chaplain. When I asked her the question she told me that she saw her self still here at Frostburg as Chaplain. She also told me that she wanted to "teach a little more".

I then ventured to Dunkle Hall, where, luckily, I was able to do a quick interview with Dr. James Walker. Dr. Walker is the Assistant Proffessor of Philosophy and Womens Studies. When I asked him where he saw himself in ten years, he told me that he pictured himself working as a volunteer in the health care clinincs in rural Sub-Saharan Africa, while also developing pre-primary education in the region. I was intrigued by this answer, so I then asked him why he wanted to do this. His response was that he had an "ideological committment to help those who haven't been as fortunate as I ahve been". He further told me that five years ago he took a trip to East Africa; and while he was there he "connected to the people in the region", and that he "Fell in love" with them as well.

No comments: