Thursday, March 31, 2011

What are your plans this weekend?

When the weekend rolls around at FSU some students stay and enjoy their short sweet break from classes here in the burg. While other students make the trip their hometown. Whats your status on the weekends? Do you stay in the burg or do you go home? Heres what a few FSU students had to say about their weekend routines.

On his way to the library in the cold fog, Bob Terry was nice enough to stop and tell me about what he usually does for the weekends. He hails from Woodbine, MD. This year he is a senior and is majoring in Parks and Recreation. He said that he generally stays in Frostburg on the weekends. Like everyone else he feels the crunch of gas prices. He said "I drive a Ford Explorer and with gas prices now it just costs too much."

The next student I spoke with was Kevin Tyler. Kevin is from Hagerstown, MD. He is also a senior this year and is majoring in Information Technology. He said "I usually go home to see my dad and girlfriend. Or sometimes if I have alot of homework to do I go home because it's nice to get away from my roommates." Although he doesn't go home every weekend, Kevin said he generally tries to alternate weekends.

The last student I spoke with was Matt Montalbano. He's from Maryland vacation destination Ocean City. He's a junior this year and majoring in Business. Like Kevin, he said he only goes home on some weekends. "I usually go home just to chill with friends and make some money." But he also cited that high gas prices sometimes prevent him from doing so.

So there's a little glimpse into the dynamic of FSU students travels home and staying in FSU.

No comments: