Thursday, March 3, 2011

The meaning of success

Being successful is one of the greatest accomplishments a person can have. Everybody has their own definition of what success is. To me, success means to achieve all of your goals in life. At Frostburg State University in the Lane Center, I asked a few students what does success mean to them. "Success is the state of mind that an individual has after they have reached a certain standard or expectation that they have set for themselves," said Travis Blair of Upper Marlboro, Maryland. He is a Senior here at Frostburg majoring in Health and Physical Education. Tiana Fernandez of Baltimore, Maryland said her definition of success is, " Being happy in life and reaching my goals." Tiana is a freshman majoring in Liberal Studies. The final student that I interviewed was Kourtney Goffe of Baltimore, Maryland. She is a freshman studying Political Science. She stated that "Success to me means to be able to provide for myself and for my family."

No comments: