Thursday, March 3, 2011

Graduation, What Now?

My question was "what do you want to do after you graduate?"

My first interviewee was Corey Jones. He is a sophomore here at FSU. His major is Information Technology, and he is from Clinton, MD. I began by asking him about his general information. I then began delving into the subject of the interview. I began by asking him what his plans were when hes finished with school, and he replied, "I dont want a career". I thought this was odd considering hes paying all of this oney for college and doesnt want to work full time. He added that he decided on his major while still in high school, and that he always had an interest in information technology. His decision was further confirmed when his parents gave him their blessing.
My second interviewee was Lay Chou. Lay is in his third year here at Frostburg, and is from Waldorf, MD. He is majoring in Computer Science. When i met Lay, he struck me as being a very quiet person. After I obtained some general information from him, I began asking the serious questions. I started uot by asking him what his plans were after graduation, and he said, "Get an office job". I asked him if his parents were in the same field and he stated that they were not. He always wanted to work with computer, because its what he currently spends most of his time playing with. I asked him when he knew for sure that he wanted to work with computers, and he stated "Since I was 10". Obviously he knows what he wants.
My final interview was with Bryan Jones. He is in his first year here in Frostburg, and is a Mass Communications major. He is from Bowie, MD. Bryan was with Lay Chou when I encountered him. I gathered all of his general information, and then proceeded into the heart of the interview. I asked him why he did not choose to attend Bowie State University since he is from there. He replied, "why the fuck would i want to go to Bowie State?". I found this funny, and Bryan confirmed my first instinct that he had a great sense of humor. At first, Bryan did not know what he wanted to major in. He confided in me that both of his parents had attended college, and that was his main motivation in coming to college. As for what he plans on doing when he finishes school, he said he has "absolutely no idea what he wants to do". Needless to say Bryan is a funny guy.

No comments: