Thursday, March 31, 2011

Unjust Law?

Kelly Talyor is a junior from Laurel, Maryland majoring in Mass communication. When asked to give an example of a law she considered unjust and explain why, Kelly responded by saying she thought the drinking age of 21 was an unjust law. Kelly said "because if you can die for your country, you should be able to drink a beer". Then, I walked in to the Lane University center where I ran in to Vince Harman.Vince Harman is a sophomore from Swanton, Maryland and is majoring in Elementary Education. I asked Vince the same question. Vince responded by saying "Marijuana of course" Vince stated that there is so much proof and good that can come out of marijuana being legalized. "It is unjust to not have it legalized especially, because of the state the economy is in right now. Lastly, I spoke with Kiarra Mcbee a Sophomore from Berkely Springs, West Virginia. Kiarra is a pre med major and when I asked her the same question I asked Vince and Kelly. She responded with the law in West Virginia stating that, and I quote " If you want to beat your wife, it has to be every other Sunday on the courthouse steps". Kiarra feels as though this is an unjust law because "Men should love there wives and not beat them".

No comments: