Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sara Maricle: From the Beach to the Mountains


Sara Maricle: From the beach to the Mountains?
By: Tim Ebron

Sara Maricle was born March 27th in Point Pleasant New Jersey. Sara moved to Caroline County, Eastern shore Maryland when she was five and still calls it home. Sara is of Italian and Cherokee Indian decent. Sara has one older brother who is 23 and works as a canine cop in the Marine Corps. Sarah comes from a loud Italian family, “If were not picking on you, something is wrong.” Sara is a tall girl with long straight brown hair, she wears glasses, and had on blue jeans and a red sweatshirt during my interview with her.
When Sara was in high school she took an interest in cosmetology and “I got my cosmetology license when I was seventeen.” Sarah decided to attend Frostburg because she “wanted to stay in Maryland, and still be far from home.” Sara is currently a sophomore at Frostburg, and is a declared business major with a concentration in entrepreneurship and human resources with a minor in public relations; “ultimately I want to open my own spa or salon.” Sara is also part of Delta Sigma Pi here at Frostburg and the vice president of professional activities. Sara really enjoys reading, drawing, browsing facebook, and listening to music. She loves all types of music but usually listens to 80’s classic rock and country. Her favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird and her favorite Author is Stephen King. Sara would really like to go to Italy one day and although she is Italian she rarely eats Italian food because “Dad isn’t really into it.”
Sara suffers from PCOS and Epstein-Barr virus which is essentially a form of mono that you never get rid of and due to her illness spent her sweet 16 in the hospital. Sara loves to travel and has been to Canada, Georgia, and Texas. Sara grew up 20 minutes from the Jersey shore and visits often because she misses it. “I miss New Jersey but, I’m glad I came to Maryland because if I hadn’t, I wouldn’t have the friends I do now”. During the summertime Sara enjoys driving down to Assateague Island in her Jeep with her best friend Crystal Wells and her boyfriend Andrew Skinnard as well as hanging out with friends, and going to concerts. Lastly, when asked if she had any regrets Sara responded with this “I do not have regrets because everything I’ve done has made me the person I am today”.

1 comment:

Andy Duncan said...

Tim, you include no link. You lowercase two words that should be uppercased and uppercase one word that shouldn't be. You include one comma splice and one run-on sentence. You omit the apostrophe from one contraction. You misspell the name of a medical condition.