Monday, February 6, 2012

Mylisha Palmer: You'll be seeing her on ESPN


Mylisha: You’ll be seeing her on ESPN
By Kate Molander, ENGL 336.001



Sophomore at Frostburg State University, Mylisha Palmer, is a Mass Communications major with a passion for sports. She plans to one day work for ESPN with media promotions. Mylisha became interested with mass communications in high school and says “I came in knowing that’s what I wanted to do with [my degree].” She plans to start an internship next year that will help her get her foot in the career world. If you would like to take a better look at what Mylisha wants to do in her future, check out http://espn.go.com/.
           
Mylisha has a place in her heart for athletics. Her choice of sport? Dance. Mylisha started dancing at the age of 4 and has done most of her dancing through her school, Friendly High, in Fort Washington. Her favorite types of dance are contemporary, modern, jazz, and ballet. Mylisha loves to dance because she feels that “you can express yourself without any words.” Aside from dancing, Mylisha enjoys cooking and writing. “I used to like writing poetry but that didn’t go so well, so I started writing stories.”
          
 Mylisha is the youngest of 4 girls: Michelle, 22; Chantae, 25; Mykella, 26. “We are all growing up and we do have a close relationship.” With her sisters all grown she does have to travel to see some of them, like Chantae, who lives in Texas.
          
 A self-proclaimed “military brat,” Mylisha has lived in a few fascinating places. She was born in Maryland, but also lived in Iceland and Cuba before returning to the states. In Cuba she lived on a military base. She can remember going to the beach every weekend and the many iguanas that lived at that beach.
          
Mylisha loves the beach, specifically, Miami, Florida. “I like Miami because I like cities and beaches. Places like Miami give me variety with that. It’s a very relaxing place and when I went, I cleared my mind with so much. I like the vibe of it also.” If you would like to know more about Miami, where temperatures are currently up in the 70s, just visit http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/.
            
In the next five years, Mylisha sees herself graduated college, working through her internship, and working towards building a family of her own. So everyone keep an eye out and you just may be seeing “Mylisha Palmer: Sports Analyst”, on ESPN.

2 comments:

Shawn Pillai said...

Fantastic article Kate. I enjoyed reading it.

Mylisha Denelle said...

I love this article Kate! You are the bomb!