Friday, December 2, 2011

“Star in the Making” by Brittany Johnson


“Star in the Making”

My little cousin David Singleton was “Snoopy” in the play “Your a Good Man Charlie Brown” at his school Clarksburg High school. Over thanksgiving break I attended the last play on November 19, 2011. The play was awesome, fun, and filled with lots of excitement. There was so much energy from the high school students. Some were freshman to seniors. The laughter that night kept a smile on everyone face. The show had sold out, but they still was letting people come in to take a seat, knee, or whatever just to see the students act. The outfits matched perfectly from how the characters are portrayed on the show. It really felt like you was in the show. The actors and actresses not only acted, but was singing along, doing a little bit of dancing to bring out more to give to the audience. I could not believe those children knew how to sing that well. Like they are really in high school? Wow. Great voices they have to take there talents far along in life.

Growing up my little cousin always wanted to be a actor and do plays. Our conversations always were about us having lots of money, meeting lots of celebrities, and making our family very proud. He always would say, “I know that I am going to make it”. So after this night, I could really see my little cousin being in Hollywood one day. He will become the actor that he has dreamed to be. The talents he gave that night I was shocked and unaware. My uncle and aunt always would tell me come to his plays he is starring this or starring that and I went out that night because he calls me his favorite. So I had to support him. He has a gift of talent I have never seen before. The actor skills, the voice, body language and more at only fourteen years old. He is really blessed and gifted.

He tried out for the character snoopy because he said, “he loves dogs” and he would have many parts to do in the play. He always wanted to be in the spotlight and center of attention. Our family didn’t mind him being that way because you should rather stand out then fit in. So never settle for less when there are many opportunities out there to do more. He said, “my role was so fun and a great experience for the future”. The practices helped out so much for when it was show time he mentioned.

David is really a star. When the play was over, the audience was trying to get his autograph. From the toddlers even up to grandparents. He really did an awesome job. It was well done. I even had to ask for his autograph along with our grandmother. He had his pin ready to sign for whoever on whatever. Since it was the last play until next school year, he received an award for an outstanding performance. His character was performed outstanding also. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. Many can not wait to see what the next play will consist of!

No comments: