Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chopin may have had Epilepsy

Frederic Chopin is well-known for his piano compositions. It is also known that he suffered from several health problems, including vivid, visual hallucinations. While his friends attributed these spells to Chopin's genius, scientists think he may have been suffering from Temporal Lobe Epilepsy.

The article states that, had Chopin been living today, he would be correctly diagnosed and treated...but would we still have his beautiful music?

2 comments:

Andy Duncan said...

Jess, you haven't actually included the link, just the URL. Fix it, please.

Leccarina said...

Thanks, I will. I didn't know I could put the link into a word until your lecture. Very helpful stuff, that was!

Also, I just noticed that I didn't sign up with my Frostburg email. I hope that isn't a problem. I already had an account with my gmail.